These are Hypothetical Projects which Promethium would like to bring into Reality. The reason they are qualified as merely “Dream” Ideas is that we don’t currently have a monetary path to bringing them to fruition.
Slow Tech is Better
We need devices that curtail technological exposure, rather than expand it. Good existing software in this vein is Freedom.
Add Psychology to the nationwide K-12 curriculum
“Things I Wish I Had Learned At Age X”
A New Political Party
A political party that recognizes the rise of sentient artificial organisms, and enacts policies that place Humanity first.
Quantification and Visualization of Resource Depletion
Which is better: Recycling 5 cans or recycling 500 sheets of paper?
Which is worse: Smoking a cigarette or drinking a beer?
- A way to be able to trust people online, through two layers of double-blind analysis.
- A device to limit technological exposure.
- A way to efficiently fact-check data. Being able to summarize things reliably. We oftentimes hear statistics and results from studies, but very few of us actually read the studies and verify the validity of the findings, let alone have the scientific literacy to be able to do so. Too much information out there, not enough brain/computer resources to process and verify it all. We oftentimes hear statistics and results from studies, but very few of us actually read the studies and verify the validity of the findings, let alone have the scientific literacy to be able to do so.
- Better Online Forums
- Placing strict participation requirements on membership
- Fix Upvote Hyperbole: Only being able to leave 5-star rating every X votes/days
- Fixing the standard linear voting scale that Reddit popularized
- Dynamic Democracy